This course examines the spine as a tensegrity truss – how the bones float within the myofascial balance. An integral part of structure we all know the agonising effects of incorrect mechanics when it doesn’t work and often fail to appreciate the wonderfully adaptive job it does when the vertebrae are allowed to float.
We look at the actions available at each of the sections (lumbar, thorax and cervical) of the spine and how they may lead to certain dysfunctional patterns. By putting the spine into context with the surrounding structures we can better understand the reasons for its limitations and its wondrous abilities. Once we explain the logic pattern the soft-tissue patterns that surround the spine then through the assessment and learning our techniques for freeing and balancing them you will be able to address:
- Anterior and posterior curvatures – lordosis and kyphosis,
- Side bends,
- Rotations (and counter rotations)
- Guy-wires on both the front and back of the spine, and
- Balancing the trunk spinal work into the cervical spine and sacrum
The Fascial Release for Structural Balance (FRSB) workshops are a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses – based on the book of the same name – divided into functional regions. Each course thoroughly conveys 15-20 technique ‘templates’, designed for versatile application for the different patterns your clients bring to you.
Each class includes:
- Relevant anatomy for the area – short intensive and integrated presentations assemble the best figures from multiple sources, including brand new learning tools such as video of fascial dissections and palpation of the relevant structures to convey the information in an inspiring and understandable fashion,
- BodyReading (visual assessment) – the common postural and movement implications – how to see and ‘read’ them in the intricacy of individual patterns
- Fascial Release Techniques – each technique is fully laid out for intent and ‘feel’, with plenty of time for practice, ensuring that your can apply these methods immediately in your practice.
Cancellation Fee or not so small print
Deposit – 50%
Cancellation more than 4 weeks before – full refund less an admin fee of £25
Cancellation 2 – 4 weeks before – deposit transferable to another Anatomy Trains UK workshop minus £25 administration fee
Cancellation less than 2 weeks before – no refund
**** To avail of the Early Bird Discount, the full early bird rate must be paid before the ‘Early Bird Deadline’, otherwise full price option will be applied.****
Where full payment has been made, the above applies to the deposit amount only. The difference between the deposit and the amount paid (less any administration fee applicable) will be refunded.
Note:- Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received final confirmation that the workshop is running
Workshop Times: Fri 5pm – 9pm Sat- Sun 9am – 5.30pm