Best Western Plus Tower Hotel
“The art of seeing into someone is an old and intuitive one,” states Tom Myers, author of BodyReading: Visual Assessment and the Anatomy Trains.
This Master Class offers an effective tool to map soft tissue patterns seen in bends, tilts, shifts, and rotations, and once the assessment is completed, how to create a strategy to shape the change either through manual therapy or movement.
This workshop covers:
- Biotensegrity – what it is and why it matters
- How the neuromyofascial web can hold a postural pattern and be influenced by skeletal alignment
- Concentric and eccentric loading and the forces that shape our body
- Basic assessments to see how postural patterns effect movement
- How a local restriction can have a global impact
- Common postural patterns and manual and movement strategies
Bodyreading is useful for any bodywork practitioner using manual therapy—including physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, myofascial and trigger point therapists, and massage therapists. Bodyreading is also a great tool or for movement professionals – teachers of yoga, pilates, GYROTONIC®, and personal trainers – providing the information needed to deliver effective treatments and programs to create long-lasting, systemic change in clients’ shape and structure.
Learn to see through a master’s eyes and take your postural assessment skills to the next level!