The Pilates Rooms
The Anatomy Trains® bodymap lays out the fascia and muscles that are connected in meridians throughout the body.
Learn to map the pattern and shape
the change – no matter what your modality in the manual therapy and movement worlds. All of the 12 ‘myofascial meridians’ join the individual muscles into functional complexes – each with a precise anatomy and ‘meaning’ in human posture and movement. Grasp of the Anatomy Trains® system leads to practical new strategies to improve stability, coordination, and resolve long-standing dysfunctional patterns.
This 2 day workshop spends roughly equal time on 1 lecture/presentation of the concepts and the lines, 2 BodyReadingTM and postural / movement analysis, and
3 stretching, “awakening”, and touch- cueing techniques from our (and your) movement education library.
This course helps you:
- BodyReadTM your client’s postural and movement patterns with greater accuracy and integration – to get
to the cause, not the symptom.
- Enable you to make global and meaningful changes in your clients’ movement pattern.
• Understand basic properties and connected nature of fascia, and tensegrity design applied to fascia and human movement.
• A succinct and relevant introduction to the fascial layers, and the properties (and debunk some of the myths) of your body’s connective tissues.
• Be able to identify and trace the
6 major and 6 supplemental fascial meridians along which movement, tension, and postural distortion travel.
• Be able to BodyReadTM postural patterns based on analysis of Anatomy Trains lines.
• Apply knowledge to construct alternative movement strategies to help unwind and resolve the patterns observed.
- Illustrated lecture.
- Open inquiry atmosphere; questions encouraged; high degree of vitality and humor.
- Participants will exchange palpation and practice BodyReadingTM (visual assessment) on one another under supervised analysis of instructor and assistants.
Note:- Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received final confirmation that the workshop is running