The Anatomy Trains® bodymap lays out the fascia and muscles that are connected in meridians throughout the body.
Learn to map the pattern and shape
the change – no matter what your modality in the manual therapy and movement worlds. All of the 12 ‘myofascial meridians’ join the individual muscles into functional complexes – each with a precise anatomy and ‘meaning’ in human posture and movement. Grasp of the Anatomy Trains® system leads to practical new strategies to improve stability, coordination, and resolve long-standing dysfunctional patterns.
This 2 day workshop spends roughly equal time on 1 lecture/presentation of the concepts and the lines, 2 BodyReadingTM and postural / movement analysis, and
3 stretching, “awakening”, and touch- cueing techniques from our (and your) movement education library.
This course helps you:
- BodyReadTM your client’s postural and movement patterns with greater accuracy and integration – to get
to the cause, not the symptom.
- Enable you to make global and meaningful changes in your clients’ movement pattern.
• Understand basic properties and connected nature of fascia, and tensegrity design applied to fascia and human movement.
• A succinct and relevant introduction to the fascial layers, and the properties (and debunk some of the myths) of your body’s connective tissues.
• Be able to identify and trace the
6 major and 6 supplemental fascial meridians along which movement, tension, and postural distortion travel.
• Be able to BodyReadTM postural patterns based on analysis of Anatomy Trains lines.
• Apply knowledge to construct alternative movement strategies to help unwind and resolve the patterns observed.
- Illustrated lecture.
- Open inquiry atmosphere; questions encouraged; high degree of vitality and humor.
- Participants will exchange palpation and practice BodyReadingTM (visual assessment) on one another under supervised analysis of instructor and assistants.
Cancellation Fee or not so small print
Deposit – 50%
Cancellation more than 4 weeks before – full refund less an admin fee of £50
Cancellation 2 – 4 weeks before – deposit transferable to another Anatomy Trains UK workshop minus £50 administration fee
Cancellation less than 2 weeks before – no refund
**** To avail of the Early Bird Discount, the full early bird rate must be paid before the ‘Early Bird Deadline’, otherwise full price option will be applied.****
Where full payment has been made, the above applies to the deposit amount only. The difference between the deposit and the amount paid (less any administration fee applicable) will be refunded.
Note:- Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received final confirmation that the workshop is running