Moving into, through and beyond trauma.
Traumatic experiences – large single events and small repeated ones – hook into all the body systems, creating limitations and ‘no go’ areas. Bodywork, breath work, presence, and intelligent movement create a pathway to discover, process, and resolve these patterns and their psychophysiological effects.
This two-day immersion will include:
– Defining ‘trauma’ physically and how the neuromyofascial web responds to it
– Body reading / visual assessment of traumatic patterns
– Self-exploration of myofascial release, movement and breath to enter into ‘forbidden’ space
– Handling trauma release ethically and effectively in your clients and students
This course draws on the work of Stephen Porges, Peter Levine, Bessel van der Kolk, and Tom’s 40 years of practice experience finding, releasing, and re-integrating such hooks.
Please note: this is not a therapy class for releasing your own issues, it is a course for manual and movement professionals on understanding the theory and handling of trauma in clients and students.
* * * If booking for more than one person, please do so by calling 020 7483 3344. Do not book via the website or the second person will not appear on the roster. By booking this event you agree to the Cancellation Policy* * *