Each of the FRSB series is a short intensive course limited to specific anatomy and heavy on manual soft-tissue technique. Each course focuses on 15 – 20 core ‘templates’ for technique, which can be applied in different ways for different patterns in your clients. The courses fully explain the intent and scope of each move. Come out of these courses with new tools for soft-tissue release.
This course focuses on ribcage and thoracic spine mechanics, and includes:
- The anatomy and physiology of the breath
- Various therapeutic views of the ‘normal’ breath
- Techniques for abdominal fasciae, ribs, vertebral rib joints, and mediastinal visceral tissues, scalenes, and lumbar muscles
- Techniques for facilitation of the ‘breath wave’ into the front, back, and sides, as well as into each ‘quadrant’ of the rib cage
This course examines the spine as a tensegrity truss – how the bones float within the myofascial balance. An integral part of structure we all know the agonising effects of incorrect mechanics when it doesn’t work and often fail to appreciate the wonderfully adaptive job it does when the vertebrae are allowed to float.
We look at the actions available at each of the sections (lumbar, thorax and cervical) of the spine and how they may lead to certain dysfunctional patterns. By putting the spine into context with the surrounding structures we can better understand the reasons for its limitations and its wondrous abilities. Once we explain the logic pattern the soft-tissue patterns that surround the spine then through the assessment and learning our techniques for freeing and balancing them you will be able to address:
- Anterior and posterior curvatures – lordosis and kyphosis,
- Side bends,
- Rotations (and counter rotations)
- Guy-wires on both the front and back of the spine, and
- Balancing the trunk spinal work into the cervical spine and sacrum
The Fascial Release for Structural Balance (FRSB) workshops are a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses – based on the book of the same name – divided into functional regions. Each course thoroughly conveys 15-20 technique ‘templates’, designed for versatile application for the different patterns your clients bring to you.
Each class includes:
- Relevant anatomy for the area – short intensive and integrated presentations assemble the best figures from multiple sources, including brand new learning tools such as video of fascial dissections and palpation of the relevant structures to convey the information in an inspiring and understandable fashion,
- BodyReading (visual assessment) – the common postural and movement implications – how to see and ‘read’ them in the intricacy of individual patterns
- Fascial Release Techniques – each technique is fully laid out for intent and ‘feel’, with plenty of time for practice, ensuring that your can apply these methods immediately in your practice.
Cancellation: 2 month before the course we pay all the price back which was prepaid, but thereafter no refund
Note:- Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received final confirmation that the workshop is running
Please Note: To attend FRSB workshops you must have completed Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function or ATI & ATII