The Structural Essential series is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses divided into functional regions. Combining movement and manual techniques for the most efficient and long-lasting results, and using the latest research on the interaction between skeleton, muscles, joints, and fascial proprioceptors, this series of workshops will take you to a new level in therapy.
Designed with the busy manual therapist in mind, each Structural Essentials event gives you a new understanding of the relevant area. The content will outline how the structural and functional anatomy relates to many common issues as well as to the rest of the body. Based on many new and established approaches this series will give you the skills in palpation, BodyReading and functional analysis needed for the modern multidisciplinary therapist.
Abdomen, Chest & Breath
The breath is an essential food for life and its passage in and out of the body can be compromised by structural issues in the trunk. The trunk must also act to support the shoulders as well as the neck and head. Its position and relationship with the pelvis can therefore be vital for correct mechanics of the upper limbs and head, neck and jaw.
This course focuses on ribcage and thoracic spine mechanics, and includes:
- The anatomy and physiology of the breath
- Various therapeutic views of the ‘normal’ breath
- Techniques for abdominal fasciae, ribs, vertebral rib joints, and mediastinal visceral tissues, scalenes, and lumbar muscles
- Techniques for facilitation of the ‘breath wave’ into the front, back, and sides, as well as into each ‘quadrant’ of the rib cage
Please Note: To attend Structural Essentials workshops you must have completed Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function or ATI & ATII
The Structural Essentials workshops are most easily absorbed in the order outlined below but you can do them in any order as time permits.
- Arches and Legs – 3 days
- Fans of the Hip – 2 ½ days
- Abdomen, Chest and Breath – 2 ½ days
- Tensegrity Spine – 2 days
- Shoulders & Arms – 2 days
- Head, Neck & Jaw – 2 days
Please check with the office to before making non-refundable travel arrangements, on the chance that the course is under-enrolled and may be canceled.
To avail of the early registration Balance must be paid in full before 05.05.19 otherwise full price will be applied
Class Times 19th/20th 9am – 5pm and 21st 9am – 1pm
Bookings are closed for this event.